Thursday, September 11, 2014

Umbrellas for Peace Parade

Mrs. Gocken did an amazing job planning this awesome event for our students!  From the moment they got here today there was an amazing buzz in the air.  I couldn't help but be extremely proud of our students as they marched down Main Street with their umbrellas.  When I think about the reason we are having a Peace Parade, it makes me sad and brings back the emotions from that day 13 years ago.  I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when I heard.  It amazes me that something so awesome came from something so tragic.


The kids had so much fun and I think they will be talking about this day for years to come!  There were some really AWESOME umbrellas!

 Mrs. Hickman's umbrella above and Ms. Kylea's umbrella below


Some of us wore our Umbrellas for Peace shirts today!



No comments:

Post a Comment