Monday, December 16, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Everywhere you go!  Okay, okay, I'm done singing now.  But it delights me to look out the window and see snowflakes falling this time of year (come December 26th it can all go away). I also love the excitement and buzz snow creates with the kids, it reminds me of building snow forts and having snowball fights with my older sister and little brother when I was a kid.   On Friday, we had a Winter Extravaganza at school.  Kids rotated through stations in different grade levels.  They made snowmen, snowflakes, had hot chocolate with Mrs. Brockway and make gorgeous paper chains to decorate our halls.  The kids had so much fun going and meeting other teachers and creating pieces to be displayed throughout our halls.
I wasn't able to get many pictures of my students at the Winter Extravaganza because I was busy playing games with other kids, but I was able to sneak away for a minute to get some pictures of the paper chain station.

G'Day Mate!

Globe Trot Scott recently spent some time in Australia.  Did you know that it is summertime in Australia right now?  I can't imagine a warm Christmas.  There is something special about curling up by the fireplace with a cup full of hot chocolate on Christmas Eve that I wouldn't want to give up.  In Australia, they can't build snowmen at Christmas time so they build sandmen.  Today we learned about Christmas in Australia and then made some sandmen out of construction paper.  We also got confirmation that another package would be arriving tomorrow.  I wonder where else he has been!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment