Saturday, October 10, 2015

What a FUN Week!

We had a blast learning about fire safety this week!  This kids were ROCK STARS during our surprise fired drill on Thursday!  I have never, in my 9 years of teaching, had a class remain so calm, cool, and collected during a surprise drill!  Not one student even covered their ears!  My reward for them doing such a fantastic job is a PJ day on Tuesday!

We are continuing to work on letter names and sounds.  While many of the students have already mastered all 52 letter names, we are working on being fluent and doing them quickly.  I made a new center game last weekend to help with that and the kids really seemed to enjoy it this week.  



We also played a fun game as a class that worked on letter names.  I threw letters all over our classroom carpet and students had to find every letter of alphabet and put them in order the quickest.  They worked in three groups and they did such a fantastic job!


On Thursday, Pecatonica Fire Department came to talk to the students about fire safety and we practiced bus safety!





As you can see, we had a very exciting week!  Unfortunately, I had to leave a little early on Friday, I got a call from my daughter's school that she was sick.  I realized when we were at the doctor's office, that I never told my sub to put their homework in their folder for next week.  I will make sure it gets home on Tuesday!  Thanks for understanding. 

I can't wait for another fun and exciting week in Kindergarten next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment