Monday, May 27, 2013

Our Last Week as First Graders!

Where does the time go?  It seems like just yesterday these little ones came into my class as KINDERGARTENERS!  Now, on Friday, I will send them off as second graders.  As exciting as that is for the kids, it leaves me feeling a little blue today.  Over the past two years, I have seen these kids accomplish amazing things, and while all of my students mean the world to me, I am a little closer to this group of kids, as I have had the pleasure of spending an extra year with them.  Every single one of them is ready for second grade and without a doubt will accomplish great things as they grow even more.  I just want to say THANK YOU to the parents of all my students for allowing me to be their teacher.  I have taken care of them and loved them like they were my own.  I wiped tears, gave hugs, high fives and even fist pumps at times. I have helped calm upset tummies and helped these kids remember what good friends are.  I know in the fall a new set of first graders will walk through the doors of my classroom and we will make memories together too, but there will be 20 very special faces that I will be missing on that day. 
Here is a quick reminder of our festivities this week:
Wednesday:  Sumner Park Field Trip (NO LUNCH NEEDED, Walking shoes please!)*
Thursday:  Walking field trip to 3rd Street Station*
Friday:  Track and Field Day/Last Day of School
**These activities are weather permitting and will not be rescheduled if weather does not cooperate**
Reminder: Report Cards will be mailed this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment