Tuesday, August 8, 2017

It's A New Year!!

I hope you have all had a great summer!  My girls kept me very busy, but we had a lot of fun!

I am so excited to start the new school year!  I love teaching Kindergarten and am looking forward to helping your child learn and grow throughout the school year.  

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Here are a few documents that you will be receiving at Meet the Teacher or on the first day of school.  You can fill them out ahead of time and turn them when you come, or I will have copies available to you that day to fill out as well.




Click here to check out the Elementary Schools Facebook Page!

**Important... Paint shirts were left off of the supply list on accident.  Please make sure you bring a paint shirt on the first day of school!

Classroom climate is very important to me.  I have had many themes throughout my teaching career, but I am so excited to have an emoji themed classroom this school year.  We spend a lot of time in kindergarten learning about feelings and how they effect our behavior so I thought this was the perfect theme for our room.  I also want your child to be comfortable while learning.  We have a variety of options for seating.  At the beginning of the school year all students will sit and work at a table.  They will have the option of sitting on a chair with a bounce band, a chair without a bounce band, a hokki stool ( allows them to rock while working) or the option to stand.  Once the students learn our routines and procedures, they will also be able to work around the room where they are comfortable.  We have low to the ground beach chairs, floor cushions and carpet squares where students may work with a clipboard.  While I feel it is important for students to be comfortable when learning,  I am a firm believer that they have to master working in a designated work space first.  We will transition to free choice seating as the students are ready for it.

Here are a few pictures of our classroom.  It is missing a few finishing touches, but is almost ready for students!  Bring on the new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment