Thursday, February 6, 2014

NO MORE SNOW!

As the title of this post indicates, I am so over the snow this year!  I can't wait to have some consistent time with the students and get back into a routine.  The kids did a great job when I was gone on Monday and Tuesday.  They also did a great job on MAP testing.  So in honor of that, I will be bringing in ice cream treats for them tomorrow.
 
I learned so many new things to try at my conference and we wasted no time getting started today.  The students learned about number rings today (pictures to come) and some students learned an addition game which has them adding 4 numbers and figuring out the missing addend.  All students will eventually learn the game, it will just take a little time.  It is definitely a game that needs to be taught in very small groups!
 
We also began an activity on expanding sentences that the students were really enjoying.  Tomorrow they are going to write and illustrate their sentences. 
 
Monday is the 100th day of School and we are going to have so much fun celebrating!  I can't wait for the students to see what I have in store!
 
Next Friday is Valentine's Day.  We will be exchanging Valentine's and students can bring them in whenever they have them completed.   Our party will be on February 14th at 10:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment