Friday, January 24, 2014

This Week...

I don't know about you all, but I think this cold weather needs to go away!  I missed my students yesterday and it sounds like it is supposed to be frigid next week too.  I am ready for the polar vortex to go away and nice normal winter weather to come visit.  
 
We have been very busy this week!  In math we continued to work on place value and we did some subtraction review!  We did a subtraction scoot in the hallway.  Students had to find subtraction facts hidden around the school and write them on their scoot sheet. We also played Garbage.  Garbage is a fun game that we play to work on place value and determining the bigger number.
 


 

 
In Fundations we have been busy working on the following glued/welded sounds:
-ank, -ink, -onk, and -unk.  Below is a list of words we came up with for each of those sounds. 
 
**Please remember to send your child to school dressed for the weather, even though we do not wait outside when it is below 5 degrees, the kids still get very cold on the bus and walking in from being dropped off.  Another thing to remember is even when the temperature is below 5 in the morning, it may warm up to 5 by the time recess comes.  If you need help with getting winter gear, please let me know, my mom loves to go garage sailing and I have a ton of winter clothes in my basement looking for a good home!


No comments:

Post a Comment